The Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering deals with the generation, transmission, distribution and utilization of electricity. It also deals with the design, operation and protection, maintenance and economics of electrical systems with emphasis on ethical values to harness economically and safely the materials, and forces of nature for the benefit of society and the environment. The Electrical Engineering program sets one's sight to prepare the graduates for a professional electrical engineering career in power generation, transmission, distribution and utilization of electricity including professional practice, management and entrepreneurship in Caraga Region and the wider community. Specifically, the electrical engineering program aims to:
1. provide relevant and responsive electrical engineering curriculum with a well-balanced general education component designed to emphasize analytical, critical, practical, social and problem solving skills needed in the practice of the profession;
2. develop the communicative ability both in written and electronic systems;
3. develop the aspiration for lifelong learning, and continuing education and keeping abreast with the developments
4. develop the personal and professional characteristics to work efectively in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams;
5. inculcate the social, professional, ethical and moral responsibilities in the profession through community extension service, environmental awareness, and linkages;
6. promote the technopreneurship potentials and the use of appropriate techniques, skills and modern engineering tools in the ﬁelds of power system generation, distribution, protection and management; electrical design; machine automation and process control; and electrical construction.
The Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering covers the fundamentals and advance topics relating to technologies where electrical design, professional sense of responsibility and social awareness are involved. It provides the students with an education in the ﬁelds of the following:
These ﬁelds of specialization are divided in total of 221 credit units, comprising of 168 units of technical courses.
|A. Social Sciences||12 Units|
|B. Humanities||9 Units|
|C. Languag||15 Units|
|D. Mandated Courses||3 Units|
|E. Physical Education||8 Units|
|F. National Service Training Program||6 Units|
|Grand Total||207 Units|
There are a lot of job opportunities locally and abroad for a graduate of Bachelor of Electrical Engineering program
especially to those graduates that passed the
licensure examination given by the Philippine Regulatory Commission for Electrical Engineers. The nature of the
fields of specialization of the program is needed for
most industries that involves in assessing, evaluating such as in power systems operations, power generations in
under normal and abnormal conditions. The
innovations of technologies are highly evident in the recent years and counting. Electrical Engineers play a major
role in this advancement as they are the one who
analyze the operating principles and designs. Saint Joseph Institute of Technology will be the institution that can
help you required all the abilities for this program
where Education is at its best!.
PRACTICUM/ON-THE-JOB-TRAINING opportunities with the professional ﬁrms and reputable companies with ﬁelds of work related to Electrical Engineering. Students have the freedom to choose from both private and government entities that have an internship for this program.
Professional Organization Affiliates such as Institute of Integrated Electrical Engineers that will give insights about the real world application of electrical engineering to the students.
Student Activities in various events that promote vibrant student life and bonding among students. Technical seminars are also held for student's welfare for their chosen field.
A student seeking admission to SJIT must be a graduate of any public or private secondary school recognized by the government. Applicant who seeks admission to any collegiate department should take the Admission Test and should present the following credentials: